HP Envy 4520 Setup
The HP Envy 4520 printer all-in-one printer comes in a closed box. The shipment box contains a printer, power cord, USB cable, CD for the driver installation, manual, setup ink cartridge and the warranty card. Locate a place for the printer. To obtain the printer for wireless connection, gather all the network details such as the network name, password. Make sure the router is in the working condition. The HP Envy 4520 printer allows printing from any type of smartphone via ePrint app. Download and install the ePrint app from the play store or Apple store and connect it to the printer and handle all the print function in one single hand.
Unboxing HP Envy 4520 Setup & First Time Installation
Unbox the printer and make sure the required item that is mentioned above are available inside the box.
- Take all the required item out from the box and keep aside. Remember to keep the warranty card safely.
- Remove all the protective paper from the box and keep aside. Take the printer from the box and keep in the favorable place.
- Open the access door, take out all the packing material from inside the printer and close the door.
- Connect one side of the power cord to the rear of the printer and plug the other side of the cable to the wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer. Set the preferences such as language, country/region and click Yes to confirm.
- Load the stack of same size of paper into the input the tray. Slide in the paper width guide till it touches the edges of the paper.
- Push the input tray forward until it clicks into the place. Raise the ink cartridge access door. Wait till the carriage moves to the centre.
- Use the Setup cartridge that comes along with the shipment box. Remove its pack. Touch only on the black plastic tape.
- Lift the lid present on the ink cartridge slot. Insert the cartridge into the slot and push it until it snaps into place.
- Finally, close the lid on the ink cartridge. Repeat the above step to insert the another cartridge inside the printer.
- Close the cartridge door. The printer takes time for the alignment and the test page starts to print accordingly.
HP Envy 4520 Print Setup
How to Print Using Mopria
The Mopria Print Service plugin is a free app that is available in the Google Play Store. Using this app you can print photos, documents, web pages from the Android device to the HP printer. Unfortunately, the HP Envy 4520 printer does not support Mopria print service but it is in the HP Envy 5020 printer. After the app installation gets over, click Tap on the mobile device. Click the Mopria Print Service On. Click Print from the document or photo to print. Select the network name and connect to the respective network. To change the print settings, click the down arrow and make the changes. Finally, click the Print icon to print.
How to Print Using USB OTG Cable (Android)
Using USB OTG cable is the other option to print from the Android device. Make sure the printer and Android device meet the requirement such as an Android OS 4.0 KitKat device or later. To connect, first, turn on the printer. Plug in the one end of the USB cable to the printer’s USB port and the other end to the OTG USB port. Connect the micro-USB connector of the OTG cable into the micro-USB port on the Android device. At once the connection is made, the mobile receives a dialog box click Ok to activate the HP Print Service Plugin. At last, check the printer’s connectivity.
How to Print Using Amazon Fire Devices
The HP Envy 4520 printer has an ability to print using the Amazon device. Before you print, make sure to check the printer driver is set up, an Amazon device runs on 5.0-5.9 OS, the network connection for the device and the printer. Switch on the printer and connect it to a wireless connection. Turn on the Amazon device and select photos, documents, emails or web pages from the device. A print preview screen displays, select the printer from the list of available on the network by tapping the down arrow. To make changes in the print settings, tap the down arrow again and make the needful. Finally, click the Print icon.
How to Print using Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct provides a direct wireless communication to the HP Envy 4520 printer without using any cables. This technology is similar to Bluetooth but uses Wi-Fi to work at greater distances and faster speeds. Select the Wireless icon which is present on the printer’s control panel. Click Wireless Settings. Turn on the Wireless Direct option. Switch on the mobile device and turn on Wi-Fi. The device takes few minutes to search the network. Click the exact printer name as displayed on the printer’s control panel. After the connection is made, try to print to check the Wi-Fi direct method.